spice™ is a nimble, fast-growing IT solutions and services firm that delivers e-commerce and supply chain technology solutions. Our reputation as thought leaders in retail, manufacturing & distribution technology has quickly propelled us to over 2,000 subscription software and consulting clients- from regional stars to leading global firms such as Home Depot, Toronto Pearson Airport, Pet Valu, Sony Music, DSW, Sporting Life, Town Shoes and others. Paired with specialized cloud-technology solutions such as Catalog and Drop-Ship Integration, EDI and managed analytics, our spice™ consulting organization helps customer-focused clients with complex supply chains go to market faster, reduce operating costs, improve customer service and modernize commerce capabilities.
The Business Analyst PM is responsible for the overall requirements development and direction, planning, coordination, implementation, quality, execution, control and completion of various solution implementation projects. Projects typically include small to large spice™ application implementations, process optimization requiring system change, new technology innovation, infrastructure and/or software upgrades. You will also often be working within spice’s Customer Success team and will have various team responsibilities, including technical support to our general customer base. As a client facing member of our team, you must be confident in carrying yourself while being able to successfully manage a large group of clients, partners and spice™ team members. You must be a keen analyst, with excellent writing skills and adept at utilizing project management tools. Successful team members at spice™ are individuals who are curious about their professional world and have a strong self-driven appetite to learn new areas and pick up new skills. You must be comfortable working at various timezones with clients across the world and manage your daily work life balance accordingly. While a University degree is preferred, we are more interested in the life experience of the individual. spice™ team members are equally comfortable working from their home or from our office.
- Work with spice™ clients to document technical requirements for all new projects
- Provide leadership in managing project delivery by coordinating all deliverables between clients and spice’s technical teams
- Work with QA and development teams to ensure that all client deliverables meet quality standards; participate in providing hands-on QA as needed
- Work within the Customer Success Team to provide solution support, as required, including extended and off-hours support.
- Provide training to new team members as required
- Analyze and improve current EDI processes and develop more efficiencies
- Document and organize contacts, systems, and processes
Experience, Skills & Temperament
- Experience planning, managing, testing, documenting, and implementing technical solutions for software
- Experience agile delivery methodology
- Some knowledge of EDI transaction sets would be a “plus.”
- Highly proficient in SQL/SQL queries
- Highly proficient in office tools such as MS Office, Jira, Project, etc.
- Experience in utilizing project management software, QA software
- High attention to detail and able to multi-task in order to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Demonstrate a reliable, dependable, and trustworthy work ethic
- Customer service focused, committed to quality and continuous improvement