PEGA Application Designer
spice™ is seeking a customer-oriented and technology-savvy PEGA Application Designer. PEGA Application Designer will have the overall responsibility for the design, technical delivery, and overall quality of the Pega solution, by working as technical lead on projects, reviewing data management plans, establishing and managing the technical environment.
- Participate in scope definition workshops and owns delivery of the completed work.
- Works with Process Architect to understand / identify reuse opportunities.
- Assist developer resources by providing guidance and advice on technical issues and reviewing their work.
- Share complexities as an input into costs for a project and helps estimate work effort.
- Works with the Product Owner to create the Definition of Done (DOD) – the set of activities for complete user stories.
- Collaborate with architects, designers/developers, business system analysts and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions
- Produce both high-level and detailed-level designs and implement PEGA solutions based on business requirements and defined architectures
- Coordinate with both onshore and offshore teams to ensure coding, testing, debugging, and implementation activities are completed as required
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interface design, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs
- Contribute to defining timelines and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time and scope
- Ensure information security standards and requirements are incorporated into all solutions
- Contribute to the ongoing support, stability, and performance of application systems in production including problem analysis, resolution, and escalation and reporting as necessary.
- 5 years’ experience designing and delivering complex Pega case management projects
- Demonstrated experience in solution design for Pega based solutions encompassing internal facing and external facing applications
- Advanced knowledge of BPM concepts, techniques, tools and delivery approaches
- Minimum 7 years of progressive information technology experience with full application development life cycle and systems integration experience
- Knowledge of the PRPC Architecture, as well as PRPC design & implementation features.
- Strong data modeling experience
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall environments
- Certified Lead System Architect (CLSA)
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline.
- PEGA Certified System Architect (CSA).
- 3 years of hands-on technical working experience with Java/J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML); relational databases (Oracle/DB2/MS SQL Server).
- Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries including Group Benefits / Retirement products and business domains.
- Occasional weekend / after-hours work may be required to support project implementations, system upgrades and support for production environments
- IT supports internal business clients in Waterloo, Toronto (North York) and Montreal. Occasional travel between these locations may be required.
spice™ is a leading Supply Chain Data Network provider. Our SaaS applications power Fortune 500 supply chains by helping them transform into Digital Supply Chains. SPICE integrates Trading Partners on to our cloud platform, which enables them to seamlessly exchange supply chain business data across disparate business applications and deliver the perfect order to their customers. Our SaaS solutions include Catalog Management, Vendor Drop-Ship, EDI/B2B Order Management, Trading Partner Onboarding and Supply Chain Analytics. Our reputation as innovators in retail, manufacturing, distribution & logistics technology has quickly propelled us to over 7,500 subscription clients, from mid-market stars to multi-national giants.