Manager – Application Development
Reporting to the Senior Director, Applications, and Integration, in this role, you will:
- Lead a small development team in projects as well as in day-to-day support activities including on call support.
- Develop and maintain programs to enhance the assigned application module using the SAP development tools (ABAP Workbench, Dialog programming, SAPScript, iDocs, BAPI, RFC, PDF Forms and Fiori).
- Expand the team’s capabilities beyond SAP ABAP development to web applications in java script or node.js
- Identify the cause of malfunctions, design solutions to the address the malfunction, develop and test the solution, as well as document the resolution.
- Participate in SAP implementations and/or upgrades and data conversion.
- Exercise deep knowledge of ABAP/4 tools set to implement changes and correct problems.
- Oversee and develop standards, design, and maintain data conversion, as well as compare programs and document conversion strategies.
- Work with the Project Management Team and others within IT to determine what development is required, cost effective solutions, effort estimates to perform the work, manage and execute the technical aspects of the project plan.
- Collaborate with the Project Management, Business and Systems Analysts and user departments to develop specifications for system enhancements for continuous functional and technical improvements.
- Ensure that the team’s processes are reviewed, designed, and developed to align to overall IT goals, business requirements and the strategic goals.
- Identify and drive opportunities for business process improvements through introducing redesign in existing systems, adopting new functionalities available in other systems, or introducing logistics and IT best practices
- Perform code reviews with the team to ensure adherence to standards and best practices.
- Participate in detailed design and Functional Specification review meetings while drive continuous improvements.
- Perform change control management for technical changes going to production environment.
- Manage the development team (internal as well as external resources) in setting priorities, planning workload, assigning, and supervising daily progress.
- Enforce industry best practices and Development standards by mentoring the team.
We are looking for a team member that has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management and/or Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP applications, their functionality, and the complete tool set.
- Ideally certification in a module of SAP (especially in eWM, WM or SD), a Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Certification, a Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) Certification, and/or a Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) Certification.
- 10 years’ experience implementing/supporting SAP-WM (e.g. Configuration of WM – Bin and Storage Locations, Movement Types, Picking and Putaway Strategies, Serialization, Batch Management, RF menu customization), with preference given to those with similar eWM experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on SAP development with strong technical skills in all areas of the ABAP Workbench, including performance tuning SAP code, dialog programming, ABAP Objects, enhancements, analyzing ABAP logs, dumps, SPDD, SPAU upgrades, etc., as well as experience researching SAP OSS Notes.
- Knowledge of ITIL practices including incident and change control management experience.
- Knowledge of S/4 HANA and SAP Cloud concepts and related technologies.
- Experience in SAP Fiori application development
- Strong knowledge of Radio Frequency (Functional) systems and ITSmobile with the ability to design custom WM RF transactions.
- Knowledge of functional configuration in SAP WM module would be an advantage
- Experience supporting SAP WM, IM, MM, SD, HR, FI/CO is required.
- Experience supporting a portfolio of tier 1 logistics systems including SAP WM, XPS/Connectship, Manhattan SCALE and integration to warehouse automation systems.
- Experience with integration to third party systems using RFC, XML, EDI, WebMethods, etc.
- Proven people management and leadership skills that facilitate collaboration with others to build a nimble team while coordinating multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
Location: Toronto (Hybrid)
Type of Role: Full Time Employment