EDI Business Analyst
The EDI Business Analyst will translate the customer’s business needs and requirements into technical solutions, as well as integration testing for EDI solutions under development by spice™ Technology Group. The position will require extensive collaboration with the various internal teams (Project Management, Development, QA and Support teams) as well as external customers and trading partners.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as a liaison between the end-users/customers and developers to clearly define project requirements and document the resulting technical requirements.
- Identify procedures and scenarios for the quality control of products and solutions
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative findings from test results to the Development Team
- Monitor efforts to resolve product issues and track progress
- Identify areas for improvement to enhance product efficiency
- Documentation of testing results, and support procedures to address at-risk issues
- Responsible for other reasonable and related duties as assigned
- College Degree, or equivalent experience
- IT experience as a EDI analyst, business analyst, IT help desk or similar IT background
- Experience in effectively communicating and building relationships with internal and external partner
- Familiarity with operational processes in retail and warehousing environments
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and skills
- Positive and effective customer support experience
- Experience managing multiple projects and tasks
- Experience working with EDI software
- Software testing: 1 year
- Business analysis: 1 year
- Basic knowledge and understanding of EDI (ANSI X12)
- Understanding of data integration concepts & best practices
- Familiarity with CLEO Clarify and CLEO Harmony
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand customer business processes and needs
- Ability to be considered a resource for others, helping clarify somewhat complex problems, adapting or modifying established approaches as needed.
- Anticipates consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change.
- Actively seeks help in gathering resources, soliciting input, and using a variety of techniques to reach a solution.
- Ability to translate technical or procedural information into specifications or action plans and to convey technical or complex information to others in non- technical terms.
- Ability to assist in formulating recommendations for difficult problems, and to make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity.
- Ability to establish and lead project timelines or short-term goals.
- Understands and follows standard operating procedures and workflows.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Analytical thinking – always analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of a particular course of action
- Problem Solver – does not get intimidated by challenging problems and finds solutions
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment