IT Infrastructure Project Manager
IT Infrastructure’s portfolio of initiatives, while ensuring that these initiatives are delivered on-time, on-budget, in accordance with established initiative priority and within established quality parameters. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will also be responsible for the direction, planning, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific IT infrastructure projects according to the approved scope, timelines, and budget. Furthermore, the IT Infrastructure Project Manager will also oversee quality control through all phases of the project. This role will require travel to our various warehouses across the GTA, as well as the ability to work flexible hours. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will prepare Intake Assessments for Infrastructure projects to ensure the goals, objectives, scope, effort, cost, and benefits are clearly defined and analyzed.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the list of IT infrastructure initiatives, and supporting resource capacity.
- You will oversee the day-to-day management of labour time entry for Infrastructure team, including the setup and removal of employees, as well as rate management.
- Prepare and distribute all corporate communications pertaining to Infrastructure activities.
- Prepare and present program summary material to the IT Infrastructure Director on an as needed basis.
- You will collaborate with the IT Infrastructure Director to identify and manage key program metrics within the Infrastructure team and provide regular reporting on the program status.
- Lead the initiation, planning, scheduling, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closing of Infrastructure projects.
- You will prepare project charters.
- Identify project tasks and resource requirements with the project team and external resources.
- Plan, schedule, and manage project timelines, dependencies, and milestones through the use of a project plan.
- Identify, assemble and coordinate project resources.
- Prepare, manage and report on project budgets.
- You will use various project management tools and software applications to proactively track, monitor and control project deliverables.
- Manage the triple constraint (time vs. scope vs. cost).
- Prioritize and delegate project tasks, providing timely direction and support to the project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Proactively manage project risks, including the identification of mitigation strategies.
- You will perform project and program reporting and communication, including weekly status updates and/or Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Challenge performance gaps of project team members and vendor partners and provide coaching/mentoring support.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops, testing activities, and post go live support, while keeping a keen eye on quality.
What you bring to the role:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s or the global equivalent) in Business, Engineering, Logistics, or equivalent.
- PMP certified or working towards designation.
- 5 – 8 years proven experience in a project management role focused on network and infrastructure implementation/deployment.
- Experience working in a supply chain environment would be an asset.
- You have the ability to consider all possibilities and stakeholders when decision making, action planning, and deploying.
- You are results-oriented, with a strong focus on on-time, on-budget, and on-scope delivery.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are nimble in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You are proficient in the use of MS Project.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You anticipate and proactively address emerging customer needs with well-sought out solutions.
- You drive self and others to achieve significant results through focus and prioritization.
spice™ is a leading Supply Chain Data Network provider. Our SaaS applications power Fortune 500 supply chains by helping them transform into Digital Supply Chains. spice™ integrates Trading Partners on to our cloud platform, which enables them to seamlessly exchange supply chain business data across disparate business applications and deliver the perfect order to their customers. Our SaaS solutions include Catalog Management, Vendor Drop-Ship, EDI/B2B Order Management, Trading Partner Onboarding and Supply Chain Analytics. Our reputation as innovators in retail, manufacturing, distribution & logistics technology has quickly propelled us to over 3,500 subscription clients, from mid-market stars to multi-national giants.